top of page
Laughing Friends


As of January 1, 2021, EU free movement ended in the UK, meaning that newly arriving EU citizens now require permission to enter, live, and work in the UK. UK employers must obtain a sponsor license if they wish to recruit citizens from both EU and non-EU countries who do not already have permission to work in the UK.

Skilled Worker Visa (Previously called Tier 2) – Skilled Workers with a Job Offer: 

Skilled workers coming to the UK must meet specific criteria:

  1. They must have a job offer from a licensed sponsor in the UK.

  2. They need to meet certain skills and salary criteria.

  3. Proficiency in the English language is required.


Notable changes that occurred with the introduction of the Skilled Worker Visa route on December 1, 2021, include:

  • The general salary threshold was reduced to £25,600 from £30,000.

  • The required skills level was lowered from a degree to A-level or equivalent.

  • The annual cap on certificates of sponsorship was suspended.


Skilled worker visa applications are assessed on a points system, and a total of 70 points is needed. Points can be traded for certain characteristics such as salary or qualification. If someone earns less than £25,600, they may still be eligible if they have a job offer in a specific shortage occupation or hold a relevant PhD.

It's worth noting that scientists, workers in the creative industry, healthcare, and the building and construction business are considered "shortage occupations."

Other Work Visas:

  • The Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa was replaced by the Global Talent Visa for migrants without a job offer.

  • Migrants who want to set up or run a business in the UK and don't qualify for the Global Talent Visa may consider the Innovator Visa or Start-Up Visa.


These visa routes, along with existing routes for temporary visas (formerly known as Tier 5), including the Youth Mobility Scheme and visas for specialist occupations, are now open to both EU citizens and non-EU citizens. There is also a seasonal worker visa for farm workers.


Additionally, the UK introduced a graduate route for international students who have completed a degree in the UK, which opened on July 1, 2021. This route allows international graduates to stay and work in the UK for a certain period after completing their studies.

Our Services

assistance to employers in obtaining a sponsor license 

provide support to EU workers to obtain working visas in the UK.

bottom of page